The nights are growing colder, and a distinctive holiday cheer has permeated the air. That can only mean one thing — Winter’s Feast is upon us! Take a break from enduring a hostile world to spread some holiday cheer. You could enjoy a tasty sugar cookie and decorate a tree or two… or three. Be wary though… something terrible lurks nearby, ready to punish naughty survivors who try to steal presents. What is it, exactly? We have No-Eyed Deer!
An Uncommon Holiday
New winter skins have appeared to get our survivors into the winter spirit, and for a limited time, the chances of receiving a rare gift have been substantially increased!
Everyone will also get a small set of skins to enjoy, including a festive Gingerbread Chest skin. These skins can be accessed in players’ item collections, but will only be around for the duration of the Winter’s Feast seasonal event — so enjoy them while you can!
Happy Winter’s Feast, everyone!
And for added festive fun, check out this cool mod that <default> posted on the steam workshop!
Список изменений версии Winter’s Feast 200740 — 200943 (change list):
- Encounter new majestic seasonal Deer herds.
- Share presents with friends by wrapping items in fancy Gift Wrap.
- Build your own Festive Tree Planter to grow and decorate a Winter’s Feast Tree.
- Test your holiday mettle against Klaus and his minions for rare and valuable loot.
- And more secrets to discover!
- Beefalo no longer lose domestication when they are asleep.
- Salt Licks are no longer depleted by creatures that are asleep or frozen.
- Increased range at which Salt Licks can be used off-screen.
- Reduced amount of fuel consumed whenever objects like Torches and
- Lighters are turned on, now scaled according to their actual fuel consumption rates.
- Using a Fire Staff to burn non-combat entities will no longer trigger battle theme music.
- Fixed save/load bug with explosive entities that have been set on fire and then extinguished.
HOTFIX (LIVE 200886, BETA 200892) — 12/16/2016
- Applied Horticulture will now work on Winter’s Feast Trees.
- Maxwell’s Shadow Minions will no longer chop Winter’s Feast Trees.
- Increased range at which Salt Licks can be used again by creatures that have recently used one.
- Fixed bug where domesticated Beefalo fail to become Feral when attacked by Players.
- Fixed bug where Pudgy domesticated Beefalo did not lose their sanity aura when becoming Feral.
- Fixed bug where players become permanently charred after burning to death more than once.
- Fixed bug where Spiders can fall asleep while frozen.
HOTFIX (LIVE 200943, BETA 200951) — 12/19/2016
- Added missing Clothing Items.
- Fix bug where Klaus’ Deer could sometimes spawn in the ocean.
- Fixed ambiguous controller prompts for Shave actions targeting creatures vs. yourself.
Список изменений версии 89685 (change list):
-Add naughtiness to smallish tallbird
-shadow maxwells scare rabbits
-wilson is invincible while sleeping
-fix recipe prototyping to work with new tech level splits
-fix for Winter is generated in spite of the ‘Season’ preset setting being set to ‘Only Summer’. in the ‘World Menu’
-fix for wolfgang saying how mighty he is and totally ruining everything in the intro NIS
-Make telelocator check for water when teleporting randomly
-prevent infinite loot fountain from beaver-gnawed spiky tree
-Stumps can now be lit on fire after loading.
-Stumps now propagate fire.
-fix for placing structures after eating a glow fruit
-fix maxwell mine visibility
-heatrocks work in backpacks
-instead of clearing followers from saveindex on load which can result in them being lost, clear -followers on any save that is not an ascend/descend
-fix crash when lureplants eat bees
-Now reset the colour cube on load to deal with loading and saving between insane and non insane games.
-made evergreens and cave entrances non-clickable when they are first worked to stop you from interacting with them by accident
-Planted pine cone has different name from unplanted
-Abigail is is now tagged as a «character», additionally the tentacle will retaliate against anything in range that is attacking it
-lantern swap bug fix
-lantern can’t be turned on in pocket
-killing a baby beefalo is very naughty
-Made a «SelfStacker» component and added it to the houndstooth, monster meat and spoiledfood to improve base clenliness and performance in very long games
-Rubble no longer crashes
-Armour will always return 0 damage if the absorb percent is >= 1.
-There is now only one «Sinkhole» room per task. This will remove the case of regularly seeing two cave entrances near each other.
-Made «characterspecific.lua» a component for items that are only supposed to be on one character. -Added it to all character specific items.
-fix bug where nightmare stuff was getting turned on in second overworlds
-fix for occasional cave gen fail
-Fix for wes talking
-Walrus blow dart is no longer targettable/inspectable during flight
-Fix for two bugs: Leif not exiting frozen once hit and minotaur being stunlockable.
-Made beefalo poop in the old way, and fixed a problem with their babies never showing up
-Catcher now makes sure the projectile it’s tracking is valid before attempting to preform functions with it.
-Combat function now ensures that the entity it’s on is still around before calling GetDistSqToInst.
-Ham bat no longer loses durability from being used, but does spoil over time
-Ham bat and flower hat both display spoilage graphics instead of text percentages in order to reflect that they are spoiling over time
-fixed occasional invisible maxwell intro bug
-properly report farm plot fertilization success
-make the build placers opaque so that they show up better
-make burnt trees more visible when they are highlighted
-Deerclops will knock down anything he collides with that is tagged «tree», allowing him to pass through.
-Divining rod will not disappear when attacking.
-made hambat non-edible to avoid interface confusion. Gave it higher damage to compensate.
-flower hat is not edible to reduce interface confusion
-make dusk announcement more generic, so that it doesn’t mention fire.
-Inventory items that also have brains will now hibernate while they are held by an owner.
-Bees no should no longer buzz while in a container.
-Fix for mandrake crash when travelling between cave levels.
-Use consistent language for the settings screen in FE and pause menu
-Fix for inventory items getting into a bad state when you try to put them into an already-full chester
-Birds can no longer be killed while flying away.
-Shadow Creatures will not trigger tooth traps.
-Fix woodie, chester contents, and beard issues when time catches up when leaving / entering caves
-Fix for dropping equippable tools under full-container conditions
-Maxwell’s Shadows will now die when he does.
-Fix bee spawn schedule
Список изменений версии 89685 (change list):
-Added a controller debug menu
-Improved attack/interaction picker
-Added vibration (it can be toggled off)
-added controller hints to the front end screens and made them more consoleish when a controller is attached
-When using dpad to use un-equipped item on the scene, it will now be equipped if required
-Fix for item-on-item interactions with controller
-Fix «for science!» button controller focus when you beat the game
-Inventory hint stays up longer
-Added trigger tooltips to inventory and crafting bars
-Controller tips for inventory and container items are at more sensible offsets
-add louder controller focus change sound
-added repeat rate for controller page/value changes
-hooked up sounds to page flips
-don’t play scrolling sounds after the ends of the crafting menu
-When using a controller pressing the «INVENTORY_USEONSELF» bind will now first toggle deployable mode on (if applicable) a 2nd press will execute any action related to the bind if deployable mode was triggered.
-Keep the crafting menu open as you open and close the map
-make controller scrolling move a page at a time in the character select screen
-changed the sense of the rotation buttons to be more logical
-controller focus movement in FE has repeat when held
-Use the correct string (based on type, not index) to name the controller you’re configuring on the controls screen
-Added default PS3 controller bindings on OSX
-Added various missing control bindings across platforms
-Split ui focus controls from movement
-Split prev/next controls from prev/next page, bound to spinner
-Controls screen listens for pgup/pgdown, scrolls by half-screens so you can see some paired controls better
-Deprecated «custom control» values which are unused inhouse, hopefully unused in mods
-Increment control mapping version, invalidating users’ current mapping settings (sorry!)
-When hovering a stackable item over a stack of the same type the hint now says «Put» instead of «Swap» to match the behaviour
-Re-enabled mipmapping on pc — the game should look much cleaner at low resolutions now
-Set up better timer code for osx and linux
-Lots of GPU / shader optimizations — the game should run better on older cards
-made killer bee brains cheaper
-made controller button popup checker cheaper
-Fire fighting :o) — Perf improvement with burning trees (lights in general). Light buffer is now quarter res (actually it’s fixed res)
-Lua spike prevention — no defered userdata cleanup, timeslicing «built-in»
-disable crafting/inventory opening when you are a beaver
-adjust recipe description text over slightly
-properly pause game when prompting the player to confirm activation of adventure portal so that controller input isn’t picked up by the game
-The audio settings are automatically changed when starting a new game on a fresh install
-fix scrolling issue with crafting UI
-Fix mousewheel zoom on map screen
-clock is now more legible
-Don’t stop FE music when a character is selected
-Updated fonts in inventory bar for legibility
-Spoilable inventory items now also have a highlight outline behind their icon/text
-fix text cut-off in crafting menu
-replaced big arrow button anims with image buttons
-hide hud and squelch interaction when going through wormhole
-map screen panning is smooth instead of chunky
-Remove non-functional open/close prompt for equipped containers when using controller
-arrow added to hud for backpack
-inventory bg is one solid image
-move chester open menu up to the top of the screen
-opening chester will close chests and vice-versa (so they don’t overlap)
-Display deaths recorded as «unknown» as «shenanigans» instead
-Did full string pass — there should be no more missing strings
-Player character Art is high-res for nicer closeups
Список изменений версии 89685 (change list):
Changes from the preview
-Fix for are corrupted stretched textures on the map when two world settings are set to «lots»
-Fix for The ‘Save and return to main menu’ overlay can be continuously looped by spamming the ‘I said quit!’ button repeatedly
-fix for placing chests on ponds
-Stencil bug fix fixes shadow creatures.
-Fixed red/green lines on minimap.
-Add inspection text for a planted pinecone on Maxwell and Wickerbottom
-Fix for «placing» an item out of a container instead of inventory was not removing the item from the container, resulting in a crash
-Minimap rendering optimizations.
-Fix for — The user becomes stuck on a non-functional debug screen when using the ‘Deconstruction Staff’ on a open ‘Chest’
-objects aren’t deployable from containers
-Fix for — The title crashes upon depleting the ‘Star Caller’s Staff’
-cancel deploy/plant action if selected inventory item is changed
-deerclops targets you after he finishes attacking your base
-Fix not being able to re-map an analog axis between positive and negative without remapping it to something else first
Список изменений версии 134052 (change list):
I’ve pushed a small patch today, with the bulk of the changes to making the mod experiences more similar between Don’t Starve and Don’t Starve Together. While I was at it, I grabbed some of the fixes for a couple of the nastier bugs that we patched up for DST, and brought them back to DS.
- Added a mod function to query the game’s id. TheSim:GetGameID will return “DS” for Don’t Starve and RoG, and will return “DST” on Don’t Starve Together. This can be used to allow modders to have a single code base for mods that they distribute to the DS and DST Workshops. DST will be getting a new optional variable in their modinfo file named api_version_dst, which will allow the same mod info file to be used in both Workshops.
- Enabled /LARGEADDRESSAWARE for Windows builds to help address memory issues with large mods.
- The Mods screen now does a version check before downloading Workshop mods and doesn’t download them if they haven’t been updated. This functionality was brought over from DST, and will help users on slow internet connections who are subscribed to numerous mods..
- The crock-pot-insta-rot issue fixes that were implemented in DST have been brought over to DS. This affects both the stewer component and dryer component.
- Herd size bugs. Bugs that caused beefalo and rock lobster herds to grow out of control were addressed in DST and those fixes have been brought over to DS.